Gregory L. Lockwood
Greg Lockwood is a partner at Treanor Pope & Hughes. He has extensive trial and appellate experience representing clients in medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, serious personal injury, motor vehicle collisions, and in diverse products liability and toxic tort litigation such as asbestos and lead paint. Greg also represents lending institutions and clients in commercial and consumer litigation.
In particular, Greg concentrates his practice representing families in nursing home cases. He successfully has prosecuted actions involving facility-acquired pressure ulcers, falls, malnourishment, elopement and choking injuries and deaths. Greg has lectured and written articles on issues unique to nursing home litigation.
Prior to joining Treanor Pope & Hughes, Greg was a principal with Miles & Stockbridge. He also worked as a legislative assistant to United States Senator Charles McC. Mathias, Jr. and was a research analyst at the Maryland State Department of Legislative Reference.
Greg has been selected multiple times as a “Maryland Super Lawyer” in “Maryland Super Lawyers Magazine” in the area of plaintiff personal injury. Only five percent of the attorneys in Maryland are chosen each year. Greg also has received an “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest such rating available to any individual lawyer.
Greg is an avid runner, having completed 9 marathons. He lives in Baltimore with his wife and two children.
Bar Admissions/Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Maryland at College Park, M.A., 1987
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland, B.A., 1985
Affiliations, Associations and Special Achievements
- American Association for Justice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice: Board of Governors, Member of President’s Club, Past Vice-Chair of Mentor/Mentee
- Committee, Past Vice-Chair of Nursing Home Section, Past Vice-Chair of Education and Programs Committee, Past Chair of Membership/Membership Services Committee
- Baltimore County Bar Association
- J. Dudley Digges Inn of Court, Treasurer
- Towson Recreation Council, Past-Board Member
- Schwartz v. Johnson, 206 Md.App. 458, 49 A.3d 359 (2012)
- Phoenix Life Insurance Co. v. Wachovia Bank, 199 Md.App. 259, 21 A.3d 173 (2011)
- Master Financial, Inc. v. Crowder, 409 Md. 51, 972 A.2d 864 (2009)
- Alexander v. PSB Lending, 800 N.E.2d 984 (Ind. App. 2003)
- Brown v. Dermer, 357 Md. 344, 744 A.2d 47 (2000)
- Pittsburgh Corning Corp. v. James, 353 Md. 657, 728 A.2d 210 (1999)
- Owens Corning v. Walatka, 125 Md. 313, 725 A.2d 579 (1999)
- Owens Corning v. Bauman, 125 Md.App. 454, 726 A.2d 745 (1999)
- Porter Hayden v. Bullinger, 350 Md. 452, 713 A.2d 962 (1998)
- Sullivan v. Glock, 175 F.R.D. 497 (D.Md. 1997)
- Anchor Packing Co. v. Grimshaw, 115 Md.App. 134, 692 A.2d 5 (1997)
- Owens Corning Fiberglas Corp. v. Garrett, 343 Md. 500, 682 A.2d 1143 (1996)
- Zumas v. Owens Corning Fiberglas Corp., 907 F.Supp. 131 (D.Md. 1995)
- Owens Illinois v. Zenobia, 325 Md. 420, 601 A.2d 633 (1991)